Thursday, January 26, 2012

Always Learning!




Heres a pic of me and my coach Brian MacKenzie at the Games this past summer. Spending time with him and Doug Katona at the training camp was the best! You know, as coaches we also need to continue learning and educating ourselves on fitness and nutrition. At CrossFit we are lucky to have access to the absolute BEST in every field of the fitness industry. We have coaches like Mike Burgener who is an Olympic level lifting coach, we have Eva T who competed in the Olympics.....Kelly Starett the mobility genius. Carl Paoili and Jeff Tucker gymnastics and parkour geniuses. Brian MacKenzie, Doug Katona and Carl Borg endurance athletes and amazing endurance strength and conditioning coaches....Rob Wolf nutrition Paleo guru, ....we truly are BLESSED. I feel lucky every single day to have stumbled into the wonderful world that is now CrossFit some 7 almost 8 years ago. These exceptional people have become my friends and mentors. I soak up information and training techniques from them every chance I get. The list is vast and wide of the athletes and professionals that call CrossFit their home and passion. Google some names, buy Rob Wolfs book if you have ANY questions regarding nutrition or hormones. Keep an open mind and ask questions. Making fitness top priority for our lives is crucial...we only get ONE body. Don't you want to make the most of the one you were given and be always improving? I know I do! I can also easily say that I am 43 (in a few days) and in way better shape than I was in my 20s. THATS what it is all about!

I promise to each of you that I will always continue to grow as a coach and bring all that information to you all. How to eat, train, recover, stretch.....because I have the very best in the industry around me! We cannot loose - and we WILL reap the benefits!

Today - get outside and move! Its gorgeous out there and the weather beckons us to enjoy life and fitness outdoors today. I know I'll be hitting the track at the days end and perhaps a walk along the beaches with the kiddos after dinner. Enjoy your day, smile....eat well and be good to your body. You trained hard today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment